International Mobility Program (IMP) | Move to Canada in 14 Days

The International Mobility Program allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers on Canadian work permits without the need for a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

Canada’s labor market is under tremendous pressure due to a number of factors, including a declining birth rate, a growing economy, and a younger retirement age, leaving many important jobs vacant in Canada. Canada therefore seeks to fill these positions with foreign workers, providing permanent and temporary employment opportunities at all skill levels

To apply to this program you will need

  • No LMIA is required
  • No time wastage (only 2 weeks required for processing)
  • No IELTS test or score is required to apply
  • There is no age limit to apply
  • No bachelor’s or master’s degree is required

There is no need to apply to this program

  • No LMIA is require
  • No time wastage (only 2 weeks required for processing)
  • No IELTS test or score is required to apply
  • There is no age limit to apply
  • No bachelor’s or master’s degree is required

What is LMIA?

The LMIA is a document that shows that a Canadian employer has attempted to fill a job locally but has been unable to do so successfully and is therefore permitted to hire a foreign employee.

There are various work permit streams and programs that fall under the IMP, many of which may allow you to eventually apply for permanent residency through various provincial programs or federal economic programs such as the Canadian Experience Class, which fall under the Express Entry system.

Positions exempt from the LMIA requirement are:

  • Provide broad economic, cultural, or other competitive advantages for Canada, and
  • They provide reciprocal benefits for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

Eligible workers for the International Mobility Program (IMP) include:

  • Those who enter Canada as part of a trade agreement, such as the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) or the Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA).
  • Those entering Canada on an open work permit.
  • Those entering Canada as intra-company transferees.
  • If a relative of yours owns a business in Canada, they can also help you apply for a job at their business.

Hiring a foreign worker through an IMP typically incurs a $230 employer compliance fee. Where an employer is employing an open work permit holder, no fee is required. Other fee-free positions include those covered by a Non-trade agreements, specific Research positions and Charity or religious work.

Job offers through IMP must be made through IRCC’s employer portal. Employers need to register a profile to use the employer portal. Detailed details of the job being offered must be entered into the portal, including a list of duties, minimum education requirements, required experience, and wages and benefits.

The information entered may be used for federal government employer compliance audits.

Employers who submit a job offer receive an offer of employment number. Foreign workers need this number to complete their work permit application.


If the work permit application is approved, the foreign worker will receive

  • A Letter of Introduction if they are outside of Canada, or
  • A new work permit if they are already in Canada, or applied for upon entry.

The identity card is exchanged for a work permit at the Canadian port of entry. The IMP is primarily administered by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Other federal government departments involved in the IMP include the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

The IMP is separate from the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), which is primarily administered by ESDC with assistance from IRCC and CBSA. IRCC operates the International Mobility Program Unit specifically for companies that wish to employ people using the program.

How do I apply through IMP?

As with the Temporary Foreign Work Permit program, the process begins with your Canadian employer.

1.job offer

Your potential employer must submit an official job offer in Canada through the employer portal. Employers must meet the following requirements to hire foreign workers through international mobility programs:

  • Prove that the job or worker meets the LMIA-exempt requirements;
  • Pay a compliance fee of $230; And
  • Submit an official job offer through the IMP employer portal (if required).

If you already have an open work permit, your employer does not need to submit a job offer or pay a compliance fee, making processing the application easier and faster.


2: Apply for a work permit

Once this is done, you can apply for your temporary foreign work permit. You will need your employer’s offer number to complete your application. If eligible to work in Canada, your application will be approved and you will receive:

  • Identity card and work permit from a Canada Border Service officer; or
  • A new work permit (if you live in Canada or apply when entering Canada).


A work permit will not allow you to enter Canada. If you are coming from another country you will need and be issued a Visit Visa (Travel Visa) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa). You may also need to submit a medical certificate to show that you are healthy.


3: Prepare for your new job in Canada

Once you have your work permit and travel visa, you may be ready to make a fresh start in Canada. After a year, when you apply for permanent residence, you can apply for your family at the same time.


Find out who can apply?

Who can apply?
T Post Graduation Work Permit Program For those who studied and graduated from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
Reciprocal Youth Exchange Agreements Such as International Experience Canada (IEC) – those between the ages of 18 and 30 (35) who wish to travel and work in Canada
International Free Trade Agreements North American Free Trade Agreement; Canada-Chile FTA/Canada-Peru FTA/Canada-Colombia FTA/Canada-Korea FTA/;Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA); and General Agreement on Trade in Services North American Free Trade Agreement; Canada-Chile FTA/ Canada-Peru FTA/ Canada-Colombia FTA/ Canada-Korea FTA/; Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA); and General Agreement on Trade in Services.
The Intra-Company Transfer Program They are currently working for those planning to relocate to a Canadian branch of the company
The Bridging Open Work Permit For those who want to work in Canada and are in transition to becoming a permanent resident
Circumstances of Social or Cultural Benefit to Canada For those who can significantly contribute to Canada through programs such as the Mobilité Francophone Program. It will depend on applicants’ past achievements, recommendations and testimonials in relevant fields of expertise.

How to check if the Canadian job is real or fake

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *